SPECIAL GENERAL BODY MEETING DECEMBER 8, 2013
VOTE ON NEW DARBE MEHR BUILDING PROPOSALS
The Trustees of the Darbe Mehr Zoroastrian Temple invite you to a Special General Body Meeting where you will be provided the opportunity to vote on the proposals and recommendations of the Trustees as pertains to the New Darbe Mehr Property. This meeting will be held at 1:00 PM on December 8th, 2013 at 106 Pomona Road, Suffern, New York 10901.
The Trustees, both past and present, have worked closely with the boards of ZAGNY, IZA and NDMI for the past several years. The Trustees have concluded that it is time to present to you the attached information which describes in detail the various actions that have already been taken and the steps that remain to be executed in order to make the dream of a New Darbe Mehr a reality.
It is for that reason that the Trustees of the DMZT together with the boards of ZAGNY, lZA and NDMI put forward the following recommendations to the congregants of DMZT to vote upon at the Special General Body Meeting. It is imperative that you cast your precious vote and give your permission to the Trustees to move forward with this worthy endeavor. Each of the two proposals shall carry, if there is a Simple Majority of 50% + 1 of the total votes cast in person and by absentee ballot in favor of the proposal.
The Trustees unanimously recommend that,
Out of the sum of $908,317, which is being held by DMZT in the New Building Fund, the sum of $680,000 be specifically allocated towards expenses/activities related to the construction of the New Darbe Mehr building, with the remaining $228,317 being retained by the Trustees in the New Building Fund for future needs of the property.
The construction of the New Darbe Mehr building shall begin when the sum of $3.5 million
(which is the estimated total building cost, out of the estimated total project cost of $4.5 million) is collected in cash and formal pledges. The Trustees must have three vetted proposals before construction begins.
- The funds collected in Proposal #2 is defined as the sum of monies collected in cash, plus the $680,000 from
- DMZT funds and formally signed pledges due within 12 months of the start of construction.
- A Building Committee, comprising of community members, together with appointed members of DMZT, ZAGNY, and IZA Boards shall bear the responsibility for, selecting the Building Contractor; monitoring the building process; cost control and the disbursement of funds.
- The DMZT Trustees will continue to conduct due diligence on behalf of the community at each stage of the building process.
ABSENTEE BALLOT – SPECIAL GENERAL BODY MEETING – NEW DARBE MEHR DECEMBER 8, 2013
- You are voting on two proposals. Please check the YES or NO box next to each proposal.
- Each of the two proposals shall carry, if there is a simple majority of 50% + 1 of the total votes cast in person and by absentee ballot in favor of the proposal.
- There is one absentee ballot per individual. Please make additional copies of the ballot as needed.
- All absentee ballots must include the mailer’s address on the upper left hand side of the mailing envelope.
- All absentee ballots must have the names of all voting members on the lower left hand side of the mailing envelope.
- Please do not put your name on the ballot.
- Mail to: Mr. Noshir Dutia, 2 Viking Ct, Randolph, NJ, 07869
Mailings must be mailed to reach Noshir Dutia by Monday, December 2, 2013.
Persons who have voted by mail may attend the meeting but will not be allowed to vote again unless they withdraw their absentee ballot before voting in person.